Chief Technology Officer
At Webb, we're building the largest private blockchain bridge protocol possible. We use modern cryptographic techniques like zero-knowledge proofs and multi-party computation to enhance privacy for users of multi-chain blockchain applications.
Our private bridge protocol is a critical piece of infrastructure that enables anyone to privately move cryptocurrency assets between blockchains. We are passionate about privacy and building products that give power and privacy back to users of blockchain protocols.
We are building multiple implementations of our protocols targetting the EVM, Substrate, and Cosmos ecosystems and plan to support more as we grow.
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer to manage the technology and engineering team. The right candidate is interested in both management and in being a boots-on-the-ground contributor to our software stack. They have experience working in the blockchain industry and with complex blockchain protocols.
The areas of ownership for this position are:
- Interfacing with the CEO and designing the engineering roadmap.
- Managing the engineering team and doing task management, code reviews, and mentoring.
- Running engineering meetings.
- Starting new R&D projects and helping mentor developers when blocked.
- Assisting with hiring.
- Proficiency in Rust, Typescript, Solidity or popular blockchain technology stacks.
- Experience leading development projects and teams.
- A background in blockchain, cryptography, or distributed systems.
- Open source contributions to blockchain and/or relevant software libraries.
- Experience building blockchain systems and/or smart contract applications.
- Understanding of zero-knowledge applications and multi-party computation.
We are a fully remote team and are incubated by Commonwealth Labs, a venture incubator. We work on slack and use Github to handle task allocation and use Notion to track technical specs and organise research. At Webb you'll have a tremendous amount of freedom to help shape the narrative and we don't have a ton of bureaucracy, you will be free and incentivised to do your best work on your own time.
For more info about our work, check out our Github.