At Webb, we're building the largest private blockchain bridge protocol possible. We use modern cryptographic techniques like zero-knowledge proofs and multi-party computation to enhance privacy for users of multi-chain blockchain applications.
Our private bridge protocol is a critical piece of infrastructure that enables anyone to privately move cryptocurrency assets between blockchains. We are passionate about privacy and building products that give power and privacy back to users of blockchain protocols.
We are building multiple implementations of our protocols targetting the EVM, Substrate, and Cosmos ecosystems and plan to support more as we grow.
We are looking for web3 / full-stack engineers to join our development team and help grow our web facing products. You will help design open source APIs and our main privacy product, the Webb UI, an interface for privately bridging webb wrapped cryptocurrency assets. The right person has at least 5+ years of experience building full-stack applications and at least 1+ years developing in the blockchain industry. Any additional blockchain experience writing smart contracts is a plus.
The main area of ownership for a web3 / full-stack engineer at Webb is to:
- Design and develop SDKs and WASM tools for interacting with the Webb Protocol.
- Research and implement speed and privacy optimisations for the user experience
- Write specs of product features and milestones for the product team.
- Mentor and provide support to junior developers.
- Read open-source libraries and APIs and contribute to open-source repos.
- Friendly engagement with our community 🙂!
- Proficiency in Typescript.
- Experience building beautiful products.
- Experience leading development projects and teams.
- Profiency programming with open-source libraries and blockchain APIs such as web3.js / ethers.js / PolkadotJS
- An interest in distributed systems and blockchain technology.
- Experience programming with Solidity, Rust, WASM.
- Experience building blockchain systems and/or smart contract applications.
- Understanding of cryptographic data structures.
We are a fully remote team and are incubated by Commonwealth Labs, a venture incubator. We work on slack and use Github to handle task allocation and use Notion to track technical specs and organise research. At Webb you'll have a tremendous amount of freedom to help shape the narrative and we don't have a ton of bureaucracy, you will be free and incentivised to do your best work on your own time.
For more info about our work, check out our Github.