Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2022
What we do
Vana is creating a system for everyone to immerse themselves in their digital likeness and unleash their creative potential through generative AI. You can try out https://portrait.vana.com/ to get a sense of the early experience. We are a small team that got started out of MIT and have raised $20M from top VCs.
For more information, see our hiring FAQ.
Generative AI is breaking all the rules - blurring the lines between creator and consumer, between data and output, between code and art. Amidst this revolution is something truly beautiful: you. At Vana, we’re a community working together to harness the power of AI and data, to unleash its creative potential to explore our digital selves.
By now, each of us has a digital fingerprint. A web of interlinked data is woven from every key tapped, step tracked, or photo taken in our lifetime. Combining this fingerprint with generative AI give us the power to scale ourselves exponentially, augmenting ourselves with amazing out of this world abilities.
About the Role:
Engineering at Vana is a team of builders that create delightful user experiences powered by advances in Generative AI. We rely heavily on Stable Diffusion as well as models created by OpenAI like GPT-3
Current projects they might be working on:
Most current ML projects involve a Vertex AI Pipeline for our flagship Portrait App:
- Optimize Stable Diffusion training and inference latency to provide users their portrait faster
- Work with our product team to create amazing portraits with prompt engineering skills
- Reduce the mounting cost of our Stable Diffusion model deployed to Vertex AI in GCP
At Vana, users come to create, share, monitor, and manage AI models trained on their Digital Self. Identity has taken on new meaning in the fast paced world of Generative AI. Vana is the entry point for Users to explore what their AI likeness is capable of, as everything from video games to social media to business becomes transformed and personalized to a degree we’ve never seen. Our AI needs to be cutting edge, and our Users need to know that we have their back every step of the way.
You Will: (Responsibilities)
- Build pipelines to execute deep learning inference and training requests
- Build the interface for services to interact with ML pipelines
- Build text, image, and video input and output processes to increase the quality and safety of the generative AI algorithms
- Benchmark and optimize ML infrastructure for performance and cost
- Investigate emergent generative AI technologies for inclusion in the Platform
- Implement, test, and deploy new generative models to expand the Vana product suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 3+ years of professional experience in ML/AI.
- Vertex AI, Sagemaker, Azure Machine Learning or equivalent cloud machine learning platform experience
- Proven ability to ship ML infrastructure to rapidly iterate on new features or apps
- Experience training deep learning models in PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Familiarity with diffusion models or generative AI models
- Experience with Vertex AI and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in a startup environment
What we offer
We are building a foundational piece of the user-owned internet and would love for you to be a part of our team. We are a diverse group of driven, smart, and ambitious individuals, constantly challenging each other to grow, learn and iterate faster. We are experts across our fields and experienced entrepreneurs looking to scale our success in something deeply mission-driven.
For more information, see our Vana Hiring FAQ [External].
At Vana, we are big on collaboration and supporting each other to learn, grow, and excel in our individual pursuits. In addition to joining the Vana family, the successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive base salary
- A generous benefits package including health insurance, dental and vision
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited PTO