Lead Trading Systems Engineer
Chicago, IL, USA · Remote
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
- Be a senior member of the engineering team, supporting building out the backend infrastructure.
- You'll help design, engineer, implement, manage, document, code, deploy, distribute, maintain, and test the software required for the business’s products and operations, especially those that relate to finance and trading.
- You will be relied on to provide capacity for the business across the backend stack of technologies.
- The backend systems contain the majority of the “business logic”; software that will require domain expertise in finance, trading, or other operations. The role will involve the management and manipulation of the complex state machines required for trading, hedging, accounting, and other financial transactions. The role will also involve interfacing with various external systems for the ingestion and production of financial data.
- Most importantly, we're looking for someone with the drive and passion to help lead our backend engineering efforts.
- Lead individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables following Agile methodologies
- Deliver high efficiency, high availability, concurrent, and fault-tolerant software systems
- Provide impact and expertise as a senior individual contributor in building various capabilities of an order management system. Such as real-time market data pipelines, algorithmic trading, trade analytics, pre & post-trade TCA, watch lists, smart order routing and integrated news & Twitter feeds
- Design and develop innovative solutions to complex problems, identifying issues, and roadblocks
- Guide and mentor team members in order to build a highly performant team
- Be a leader with vision and a partner in brainstorming solutions for team productivity, efficiency, training, and motivating developers, and hiring new developers
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in programming with C++ or Java.
- Experience in building Order and Execution Management, Trading systems is ideal
- A strong understanding of concurrent programming and experience in designing high throughput, high availability, fault-tolerant distributed applications is required.
- Experience in message-oriented middleware architecture is required.
- Very comfortable building market data gateways, order gateways, and trading engines.
- A good understanding of how to work with web APIs such as REST on HTTP and WebSocket.
- Strong analytical and software architecture design skills with an emphasis on TDD.
- Experience in using Project Management methodologies such as Agile/Scrum
- Effective communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- Quant trading or the development of alpha in trading strategies is NOT REQUIRED