Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
*Scroll has a remote-first work culture, our staff base is globally distributed and we are location agnostic. We make hiring decisions based on talent, culture fit and role suitability. If you have the skills and experience requested by this job description then please APPLY!
At Scroll, we operate on the bleeding edge of a fast-moving frontier of zk technology, research and innovation. The security analyst will be responsible for helping monitor Scroll’s internal and external infrastructure for attacks, educate our staff and community on security best practices, implement security controls and manage our IT systems. The role is ideal for an individual who thrives in a start-up environment, a self-starter that is dynamic and comfortable to take on responsibilities and can work effectively within a remote setup.
Scroll is building an open source, bytecode level compatible zkEVM layer 2 solution for Ethereum. Our mission is to scale Ethereum while maintaining our values of credible neutrality, openness, and community driven.
- Setup and manage threat monitoring workflows
- Contribute to security incident response
- Deploy security controls to mitigate cyber security risks
- Help educate the Scroll staff and our community on security best practices
- Assist in managing and troubleshooting IT
- Degree in Computer Science or broad knowledge of computer science and system security
- Experience automating workflows and SAAS integrations
- Familiar with security tools such as anti-virus, firewalls, and IDS
- Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with security frameworks and standards such as ISO-27001 and MITRE ATT&CK
- Understanding of Rust or C++
- Experience working in a security operations centre
- Trained in data science with a practical understanding of machine learning or artificial intelligence and security implications
- You are a self-starter and ability to take ownership, well organised, self-disciplined and effective when working autonomously on tasks and projects;
- You are responsive, collaborative and committed person with a high work ethic;
- You are a high class communicator who can articulate their views succinctly on calls or asynchronously in globally distributed, remote teams;
- You relish working in an agile start-up environment;
- You are a great listener who understands when to listen first and engages well with colleagues;
- You are a resilient, driven individual who is willing and able to continually develop and iterate to succeed;
What We Offer
- A mission-led, collaborative culture
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and like-minded people who are contributing to the progression of Ethereum
- Competitive salary package / generous paid time off / annual growth budget
- Remote from any location with flexible hours
- Home office set up / co-working membership allowance
- Private healthcare in selected countries
Scroll is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.