People Operations Specialist
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Friday, June 9, 2023
*Scroll has a remote-first work culture, our staff base is globally distributed and we are location agnostic. We make hiring decisions based on talent, culture fit and role suitability. If you have the skills and experience requested by this job description then please APPLY!*
We are looking for a People Operations Specialist who will provide essential support for our globally distributed remote team. The role includes administrative assistance, coordinating global internal events, and facilitating various People programs. The ideal candidate should possess strong attention-to-detail and organizational skills, along with the ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects and tasks in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
We value individuals who have a meticulous and professional approach, understanding how to support each team's growth and scalability. A positive attitude, strong ownership mentality, and excellent communication skills are essential. At Scroll, we prioritize our employee relationships and strive to provide the best experience from onboarding to becoming a Scroll alumni.
- Serve as the first line of support for employees and prospective employees, and focus on employee-facing activities, including People Programs, policies and benefits, contracts, visa applications, team events, and being a supportive presence within the People team for employees at all levels.
- Collaborate with the People Lead and the Head of Operations to address employees' queries, utilizing critical thinking to identify root causes and continuously improve the employee experience.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and contribute to iterative enhancements, including automating People processes and developing self-service resources for employees that add value to their journey.
- Coordinate and organize company events and regional/global offsites to foster a positive and engaging work environment.
- Assist with ad-hoc and routine projects across the People and Operations teams.
- Work closely with the People Lead to ensure employee records and systems are up-to-date, compliant, and treated with the utmost confidentiality.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a fast-paced People Operations and administrative business partnering role.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken Chinese and English, enabling effective communication with employees worldwide.
- Experience within a dynamic, fast-paced, and ever-changing business landscape such as blockchain, deep tech, or global remote startup environments.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion, including matters related to hiring, compensation, and personnel.
- Comfortable adapting to and utilizing multiple tech platforms, with a quick ability to learn new systems as needed.
- Meticulous attention-to-detail, ensuring accuracy and quality in all tasks and deliverables.
- Strong team player mindset, proactive and taking ownership, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-performance environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, adept at managing complex relationships and engaging in difficult conversations.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity and autonomously manage responsibilities, showcasing flexibility in scheduling and problem-solving.
- Work from anywhere with flexible hours
- Generous paid time off
- Home office set up
- Annual growth budget
- Coworking membership allowance
- Private healthcare in selected countries
- Competitive salary package
Scroll is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.