People Operations Manager
People & HR, Operations
Emerald Isle, NC, USA
Posted on Friday, June 9, 2023
*Scroll has a remote-first work culture, our staff base is globally distributed and we are location agnostic. We make hiring decisions based on talent, culture fit and role suitability. If you have the skills and experience requested by this job description then please APPLY!*
We are looking for a People Operations Manager who will provide essential support for our globally distributed remote team. The role includes administrative assistance, coordinating global internal events, and facilitating various People programs. The ideal candidate should possess strong attention-to-detail and organizational skills, along with the ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects and tasks in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
We value individuals who have a meticulous and professional approach, understanding how to support each team's growth and scalability. A positive attitude, strong ownership mentality, and excellent communication skills are essential. At Scroll, we prioritize our employee relationships and strive to provide the best experience from onboarding to becoming a Scroll alumni.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees worldwide, addressing their HR needs.
- Collaborate closely with the People Lead and leadership teams to ensure HR compliance (e.g. EOR/PEO), manage Employee Relations, execute People Programs and Projects, oversee the end-to-end HR tech stack, and handle HR reporting.
- Take charge of the compensation program, including conducting compensation reviews, internal parity assessments, and salary benchmarking. This involves data collection and analysis to support well-informed decision-making.
- Lead the effort to enhance HR policies and processes, ensuring alignment with legal requirements and industry best practices.
- Drive HR change management initiatives, involving effective communication of changes, gathering feedback, addressing concerns, and continuously enhancing HR practices.
- 6+ years of experience in a fast-paced People Operations or HR management role.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken Chinese and English, facilitating effective communication with a global employee base.
- Experience in dynamic, fast-paced business environments, such as blockchain, deep tech, or global remote startup settings.
- Comfort with adapting to and utilizing multiple tech platforms, with a quick ability to learn and effectively operate new systems as needed.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and quality in all tasks and deliverables.
- A team player mindset, proactivity, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-performance environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage complex relationships and engage in difficult conversations.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity and autonomously manage responsibilities, showcasing flexibility in scheduling and effective problem-solving.
- Work from anywhere with flexible hours
- Generous paid time off
- Home office set up
- Annual growth budget
- Coworking membership allowance
- Private healthcare in selected countries
- Competitive salary package
Scroll is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.