Core Developer - Polkadot Runtime
Core Developer - Polkadot Runtime
As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web. We believe in a decentralised web that respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services. Our vision is to create a world based on truthful, rather than trustful, interactions.
Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector.
With a remote-first, global team, Parity is building open-source technologies for developers and organisations to implement and build upon. Our Web3 tech stack includes Polkadot, Substrate, and Kusama.
People in our collective are:
- Highly motivated to contribute to Parity’s mission and be part of something bigger
- Excited to work on projects that are groundbreaking and complex
- Autonomous workers that self-initiate, but also collaborate well with others
- Taking maximum accountability and having minimum ego at work
- Comfortable with chaos and adapting to the ever-changing Web3 space
- Continuously educating themselves about Parity and the wider ecosystem
About the team:
The Polkadot Runtime team is responsible for the business logic of Polkadot and the tools to work with it. These range from lower level design like FRAME macros, to messaging formats like XCM, to applications like bridges, to system architecture.
About the position:
We are looking for new engineers to join the team, specifically for work on XCM and system test frameworks. In these positions, you will:
- Design and implement cutting edge protocols that will be used for the Polkadot protocol and teams building applications on it;
- Work on complex, multi-chain problems;
- Design end-to-end test suites to test multi-chain applications.
People who join the team should:
- Work autonomously and solve problems independently;
- Collaborate with others in an open-source culture, work well with peer review as a reviewer and reviewee;
- Possess a good understanding of system design and an ability to work with complex systems;
- Take ownership of their work and be responsible for outcomes. They know that finishing a project doesn’t mean finishing the first version of the code. They evangelise their work and seek and incorporate feedback;
- Have good communication skills, they can present their work in “plain English” in blog posts or conferences.
About working for us:
- Competitive remuneration packages based on iterative market research, including tokens (where legally possible)
- “Future of work” environment that’s remote-first and self-initiating with flexible hours
- Teammates that are genuinely excited about their impact and projects
- Access to the brightest minds in this space to learn about Web3 and develop your skills and knowledge while on the job
- Becoming part of the wider ecosystem (career and networking opportunities)
- Team and company-wide retreats
- Work laptop
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal (with visa sponsorship)
Those joining our collective as an employee in Germany, Portugal, and the U.K. also enjoy benefits such as health care, parental leave, PTO (28 days per year), local team events, yearly L&D budget, and language classes.
Parity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome diversity in our global team and care about everyone in our collective feeling included and welcome.
View our Applicant Notice to see how we use your data.
Is this position not quite your match? Browse our other open roles.