Product Manager - Ecosystem
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Offchain Labs has developed a suite of scaling solutions for Ethereum. This includes Arbitrum, an Optimistic Rollup, that instantly scales apps, reducing costs and increasing capacity, without sacrificing Ethereum's security. Porting contracts to Arbitrum requires no code changes or downloads since it’s compatible with existing Ethereum developer languages and tooling. Arbitrum today is the leading Ethereum scaling solution with dominant market share including hundreds of apps on the platform and over 50% of all rollup liquidity.
Our team is extremely passionate and works tirelessly to bridge the gap between what blockchain is and what blockchain can be. We strive to maintain an atmosphere that fosters innovation and new ideas through collaboration, research, and deep discussions. After raising an initial round of $3.8M in seed funding in January 2019 and a $20M series A, as well as a $100M series B in 2021, we are ready to hire additional team members that have an interest in working in the blockchain space and a knack for approaching problems in unconventional ways
As part of the Product team at Offchain Labs, you will get to work with leaders in the blockchain space solving novel technical, economic, and social challenges. In this role you’ll work directly with our CTO and head of Product in your day-to-day work. As an Ecosystem PM, you will be responsible for directly enabling application teams to succeed, actively soliciting feedback across the ecosystem, and ensuring that our roadmap is aligned with teams pushing the boundaries of on-chain development. At the start this role will focus on building out a robust ecosystem supporting Orbit chains and will evolve over time.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with our strategic partners across their development lifecycle, proactively helping them decide what pieces of Arbitrum technology to use, identifying dependencies they may have, and shaping their roadmap. Also, you’ll assist in their general execution and go-to-market strategy, especially in evaluating areas of opportunity and risk.
- Assist infrastructure teams focused on Orbit deployments, and our partnerships team by participating in intake calls and scheduled follow-up meetings, evangelizing the technology and identifying technical pathways available to them and potential trade-offs.
- Regularly solicit feedback from Rollups-as-a-service (RaaS) providers and Orbit teams to help prioritize development across our product portfolio (ranging from core protocol customizations to front-end tooling). This includes being involved in core product meetings, playing an active role in feature prioritization.
- Work directly with infrastructure (RPC providers, Bridges, Wallets, SDK teams, etc.) and application teams across the ecosystem to prioritize development of services and tooling that benefit Orbit chains, pushing for development areas that are identified as a result of client feedback.
- Work closely with our engineering teams, helping to synthesize feedback from projects and users, overall changes in the market landscape, and underlying technical considerations to prioritize development work
- Work with our marketing and partnerships teams to build and deliver successful narratives and messaging for new product launches and updates
Who You Are:
- Relevant experience as a PM or adjacent technical role
- A curious individual with a strong passion for and understanding of blockchain technologies, ideally an active user of on-chain applications with an understanding of ecosystem trends
- You have demonstrated experience in a client-facing role, as a consultant in a technology-related field, or relevant experience
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable influencing both internal and external teams in a professional setting
- You have the ability to drill down into the technical nitty-gritty, while stewarding business priorities
- A flexible and reliable team member, comfortable taking ownership and navigating ambiguity
- You have a degree in Computer Science and/or Economics, or experience contributing to software products as shown through individual projects or other work
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or software startup is strongly preferred
At Offchain Labs, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential to our success.
We are committed to building a welcoming and supportive workplace for all employees, regardless of their background or identity. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels valued and has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive. We encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply and join our team.