Senior Developer Evangelist
Hello and welcome to Merico (https://www.merico.dev/)!
Merico is focused on extracting unique and practical insights from codebase and engineering tools. We are building the world's most advanced code and data analytics to empower developers around the world with the data they need to build better software, teams, and careers. Born from research conducted in the world's leading institutions, our global team has now grown to nearly 90 people and we're backed by top VCs including GGV, Matrix Partners, Legendstar, Polychain, and OSS Capital.
We also serve open-source communities. Check out our open-source project DevLake (https://github.com/merico-dev/lake), which was launched in Dec 2021 and has already earned over 1,300 stars on Github. It is now being donated to Apache Software Foundation.
About the Role
The Senior Developer Evangelist role supports and grows Merico's community and footprint by engaging with developers and open source professionals through content, conversations, events, and leadership. As the founding evangelist, this role will be highly rewarding to somebody excited to architect a plan, and to experiment and take ownership of their role.
As a Senior Developer Evangelist, you will support Merico in achieving its mission by connecting and engaging with developers contributing to open source, and sharing your knowledge and experience about Merico and other leading analytics technologies and methodologies at conferences and meetups, in contributed articles, and on blogs, podcasts, social media, and beyond.
This role is an individual contributor role, leading the strategy and execution of developer relations and developer evangelism for Merico, reporting to the Head of Marketing, with future goals to add headcount and grow a team.
Great candidates should be excited to brainstorm and develop strategies and content, to prepare and present talks at events, conferences, and meetups, and to directly engage technical audiences across a variety of timezones and geographies to support the adoption.
Competitive salary, stock option plan, 401K, and health & dental benefits.
- Lead the conversation around the latest analytics and code-contribution technology advancements and best practices in the developer community.
- Create engaging content, including technical talks, blog posts, demos, and videos, that educates developers.
- Support Merico's engineering efforts by sharing feedback and learnings, while engaging with the broader OSS and COSS community.
- Source and conduct interviews with media via phone, podcasts, video, and in-person (where COVID appropriate/safe!)
- Contribute to relevant open source projects, foundations, and organizations to give Merico visibility and share our experience and insights to developments in our interest areas.
- Experience building software and contributing to open source
- At least 1 year of experience giving talks and developing demos, workshops, webinars, videos, and other technical content
- Meaningful social presence with engaged followers
- Ability to manage the fast moving conference schedule with its CFP deadlines and show dates
- Self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Demonstrated interest and experience with data science, analytics, or quantitative insight driven products or technologies.
We are committed to hiring a diverse team and building an inclusive, equitable culture. We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. You might be the perfect person, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.