Accounts Payable Accountant (2 years renewable Contract)
Matrixport is Asia’s fastest growing one-stop digital asset financial services platform with over $10 billion in assets under custody & management. We are over 300 strong and serve both institutional and retail customers across Asia and Europe.
Our mission is to make crypto easy for everyone through our comprehensive suite of innovative and easy-to-use crypto investment products and services. Our offerings include Cactus Custody™, spot OTC, fixed income, structured products, lending as well as asset management. Our team is rapidly growing.
“Get More From Your Crypto”.
WHY JOIN US
At Matrixport, we tackle complex problems as a team. We encourage openness and promote transparency, respect, and inclusivity. Every team member is valued and has a voice that can be heard. We are always in the search for intellectually curious and entrepreneurial individuals who are keen on making an impact in the crypto ecosystem, and in building a better product for the next one billion users.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate will be involved with preparing financial reports and statements, bank reconciliations, and conducting cyclical audits. Moreover, the candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and possess a strong business acumen.
Reporting to the Accounting Director, you will be part of the Group Accounting team – Accounts Payable which sits within Group Finance. The Accounts Payable team oversees the full cycle of accounts payable. This includes ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices, and having the right payments made to the relevant stakeholders accordingly to policies and/or jurisdictional regulations.
The candidate would be primarily responsible for accounts payable compliance matters. Depending on needs and circumstances, the candidate may be requested to assist on other expense and/or financial reporting matters.
- Oversee (review and process) employee claims and vendor payment processes. This includes timely communication with stakeholders where relevant.
- Collaborate with Treasury (Finance) in payments processing
- Perform AP reporting activities
- Perform reconciliations (e.g. bank, general ledger, etc)
- Ensure accruals accuracy and reasonableness
- Handle budget recording, reporting and analytical processes. This includes ensuring requests in AP system are correctly populated
- Manage and meet documentation requirements for AP to ensure smooth operation
- Review relevant AP processes and system to ensure that business/operations needs can be met
- Support fellow Finance team members in information request
- Assist with timely communication with key internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with assessing, preparing and submission of withholding tax forms
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy or Finance
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience, ideally with a minimum of 2 years in Accounts Payable function
- Has process documentation experience
- Willingness to read up on policies and regulations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and meticulous
- Good time management and ability to prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Self-starter team player who can thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Able to work independently and a responsible team player
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin will be advantageous