Head of KYC
Matrixport is Asia’s fastest growing one-stop digital asset financial services platform with over $10 billion in assets under custody & management. We are over 300 strong and serve both institutional and retail customers across Asia and Europe.
Our mission is to make crypto easy for everyone through our comprehensive suite of innovative and easy-to-use crypto investment products and services. Our offerings include Cactus Custody™, spot OTC, fixed income, structured products, lending as well as asset management. Our team is rapidly growing.
“Get More From Your Crypto”.
WHY JOIN US
At Matrixport, we tackle complex problems as a team. We encourage openness and promote transparency, respect, and inclusivity. Every team member is valued and has a voice that can be heard. We are always in the search for intellectually curious and entrepreneurial individuals who are keen on making an impact in the crypto ecosystem, and in building a better product for the next one billion users.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Head of KYC for Matrixport Group will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Group’s KYC requirements across its various lines of businesses globally. Reporting to the Group Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), the Head of KYC will lead the KYC onboarding and Fulfilment teams based in Singapore, Hong Kong and at its offshore centre of excellence. You will assist the CCO in the continued development of the Group’s KYC standards taking into account of emerging regulatory requirements as well as benchmarking against industry best practices.
Partnering closely with internal and external stakeholders, you will be their trusted advisor and main point of contact for any onboarding related matters. You will play an instrumental role in supporting and enabling business’ growth. This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in the cryptocurrency / blockchain industry.
- Senior Compliance Manager responsible for leading the KYC and Fulfilment teams who will be responsible for the onboarding of new clients, on-going monitoring of high risk-relationships and sensitive clients as well as the execution of periodic review of existing clients;
- Work closely with the Head of Monitoring & Investigations to provide end-to-end execution of Matrixport’s AML/CFT Framework;
- Manage the ongoing relationships with third party AML/KYC vendors (etc eKYC and Name Screening solution providers);
- Assist the CCO in the continued development of Matrixport KYC Program and procedures, its ongoing updates against regulatory changes and to monitor its regulatory obligations;
- Drive KYC compliance initiatives and work with internal stakeholders in Legal, Operations, Technology, Sales and Product functions on matters pertaining to KYC;
- Provide metrics and dashboards to Senior Management on KYC-related matters;
- Conduct training for internal stakeholders for KYC-related items; &
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on Compliance-related projects.
- Degree holder in Law, Accountancy, Business Administration or equivalent disciplines;
- 5-8 years of demonstrated experience in a compliance role in a Crypto / Fintech company or Bank. Prior experience in Crypto compliance is a strong plus;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with strong analytical ability and logical thinking;
- Keen interest in Digital currencies and DeFi;
- Able to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and ensuring effective time management;
- Able to work in an environment of ambiguity and change with the ability to make, support and defend difficult and complex regulatory compliance decisions;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese is a pre-requisite.