Software Engineering, Data Science
Los Angeles, CA, USA · San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
Gauntlet is DeFi’s risk manager. We drive capital efficiency while maintaining economic safety for some of the largest crypto protocols with our simulations. Gauntlet manages risk and incentives for over $40 Billion in assets.
Gauntlet continuously publishes cutting-edge research, making us the most cited peer-reviewed articles in the DeFi industry. We’re a Series B company with ~60 employees operating remote-first with a home base in New York City.
Gauntlet’s mission is to help make blockchain protocols and smart contracts safer and more trustworthy for users. Building decentralized systems creates new challenges for protocol developers, smart contract developers, and asset holders that are not seen in traditional development and investing.
Gauntlet is building a blockchain simulation and testing platform that leverages battle-tested techniques from other industries to emulate interactions in crypto networks. Simulation provides transparency and greatly reduces the cost of experimentation so that teams can rapidly design, launch, and scale new decentralized systems.
- Design, build, and maintain robust scalable ETL pipelines that ingest data from DeFi protocols, blockchain networks, and various data sources
- Contribute to making our data platform world-class
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the data requirements and provide necessary support
- Implement quality control measures to ensure data integrity and quality
- Actively participate in code and design reviews, providing constructive feedback to peers and maintaining high coding standards
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices to ensure the continuous improvement of data platform
- Contribute to the creation of technical documentation and user guides
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve software defects, ensuring optimal system performance and reliability
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- Proficient in writing code in Python and SQL
- Hands-on experience with OLAP database such as BigQuery
- Experience with modern data transformation tools such as DBT
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools such as Dagster and Airflow
- Experience with distributed data processing frameworks
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a distributed team environment
- Experience working in the crypto industry is a plus but not required.
- Enthusiasm for the space, especially DeFi, is very much desired
- Smart contract development experience (e.g. Solidity)
- Experience with building machine learning models at scale
- Published or presented research in the space
Benefits and Perks
- Remote first - work from anywhere in the US & CAN!
- Regular in-person company retreats and cross-country "office visit" perk
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for employees
- Laptop, monitor, keyboard and mouse setup provided
- $1,000 WFH stipend
- Monthly reimbursement for home internet, phone, and cellular data
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Fertility benefits
- Opportunity for incentive compensation
Please note at this time our hiring is reserved for potential employees who are able to work within the contiguous United States and Canada. Should you need alternative accommodations, please note that in your application.
The national pay range for this role is $150,000 - $180,000 base plus additional On Target Earnings potential by level and equity in the company. Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for a company of our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide. Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.