Software Engineer for Gauntlet
New York, NY, USA · San Francisco, CA, USA · Los Angeles, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Gauntlet leads the field in quantitative research and optimization of DeFi economics. We manage market risk, optimize growth, and ensure economic safety for protocols facilitating the majority of spot trading, borrowing, and lending activity across all of DeFi, protecting and optimizing the largest protocols and networks in the industry. As of January 2024 Gauntlet manages risk and incentives covering over $13 billion in customer TVL.
Gauntlet continually publishes cutting-edge research that informs our risk models, alerts, and analysis, and is among the most cited institution — including academic institutions — in terms of peer-reviewed papers addressing DeFi as a subject. We’re a Series B company with around 60 employees, operating remote-first with a home base in New York City.
Gauntlet’s mission is to drive adoption and understanding in the financial systems of the future. Building with decentralized systems creates novel challenges for mechanism designers, smart contract developers, and end-users of financial products, which are not seen in traditional software development and investing contexts. Gauntlet is dedicated to enhancing our industry’s understanding of this new domain, and revealing how to safely navigate the true bleeding edge of 21st century financial innovation.
- Design, build, and maintain robust, scalable applications and software systems for data from DeFi protocols, blockchain networks, and various other data sources
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their system requirements and provide the necessary support to help their productivity.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure system integrity and quality
- Actively participate in code and design reviews, providing constructive feedback to peers and maintaining high coding standards
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices to ensure the continuous improvement of the platform
- Contribute to the creation of technical documentation and user guides
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve software defects, ensuring optimal system performance and reliability
- At least 4 years of professional development experience. More is better, but we're flexible. We're hiring all levels Senior, Staff, etc.
- Experience developing production quality software in Python, Rust, Go, C++, or other high-performance languages
- Experience with distributed computation frameworks and related technologies such as Dagster, Kubeflow, Spark, TensorFlow, Flink, etc.
- Experience with database design and building backend systems.
- Ability to quickly internalize abstract concepts in new domains, coupled with strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a distributed team environment.
- Experience developing and shipping user-facing features
- Smart contract development experience (e.g. Solidity)
Benefits and Perks
- Remote first - work from anywhere in the US & CAN!
- Competitive packages with the added opportunity for incentive based compensation
- Regular in-person company retreats and cross-country "office visit" perk
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for employees
- Laptop, monitor, keyboard and mouse setup provided
- $1,000 WFH stipend upon joining
- $100 per month reimbursement for fitness-related expenses
- Monthly reimbursement for home internet, phone, and cellular data
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Fertility benefits
Please note at this time our hiring is reserved for potential employees who are able to work within the contiguous United States and Canada. Should you need alternative accommodations, please note that in your application.
The national pay range for this role is $150,000 - $200,000 plus additional On Target Earnings potential by level and equity in the company. Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for a company of our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide. Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.