Senior Software Engineering Manager
Evmos is on a mission to develop and ship the tools necessary to build cross-chain applications of the future, freeing developers from the confines of today’s siloed blockchains.
We are building a fairer financial system without limits, for everyone, everywhere, by leveraging the latest, most secure and scalable technology: blockchain.
About the role
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Berlin - exceptions will be considered for strong candidates within Europe.
As our Senior Software Engineering Manager, you will play a vital role managing our Core Protocol and Full Stack teams.
Your main responsibilities:
- Scale & Grow: Develop our Core Engineering team, providing regular feedback through PR and technical documents (RFCs, ADRs, engineering specs) reviews and leading by example through code standards.
- Test & Code: Write production-quality code in Golang that is easy to audit and efficient in terms of deployment, execution, and maintenance.
- Innovate: Participate in driving technical specifications, design, architecture, and the implementation of the infrastructure and products for the next generation of financial applications
- Own: Have an ownership role in all elements of project lifecycles: engineering research, design, development, testing & reviews, Q/A, and deployment.
- Measure and take initiative: Help us minimize technical debt while strategically driving new features that power all the decentralized intererperable applications deployed on our Evmos dApp Store.
- Build for others: Use different technologies like ABI and Protobuf encoding, write API clients using JSON-RPC or CLI.
- Document well: Write maintainable code that can be expanded or deprecated with ease. Write clean and effective documentation and code comments so that you can communicate the changes you implemented to the rest of the team, open source contributors and auditors.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking a smart, driven and flexible candidate, who is obsessed with building production-ready code and wants to join a team of top-notch product managers and engineers that are excited to change our we transact value.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Minimum 4 years of software development experience with a main focus on blockchain technologies.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant industry knowledge in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Master in Golang development, demonstrating expertise in best practices, concurrency primitives, core packages , and reflection, with the ability to produce high-quality code for production environments.
- Hands-on experience with Cosmos SDK, CometBFT, and other relevant blockchain technologies.
- Deep industry knowledge and experience in the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). Demonstrate knowledge in key blockchain concepts such as smart contracts, consensus, DeFi, governance, wallet UX, and blockchain interoperability.
- In-depth knowledge of computer science fundamentals applied to blokchains such as networking, databases and storage, operating systems, data structures, transpilers, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, with the ability to adapt to dynamic project requirements.
- Strong background in using git and GitHub for version control.
- Excellent accountability with great communication and collaboration skills in a hybrid environment.
We especially encourage engineers who possess some of the above skills, even if they lack prior experience working specifically in blockchain technologies. Although a formal CS degree is not strictly required, we are looking with someone with “computer science fundamentals” or relevant experience in the field.
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of blockchain technology, distributed systems, or cryptography
- Knowledge of Solidity and Rust
- Experience working with Docker, and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience working with any public cloud service (eg. AWS or GCP).
- Familiarity with code generation tools, CI/CD practices, and infrastructure as code (IoC).
- You are well-connected and have given conference talks or written content to boost your personal brand, for example.
- You want to help us build community in the cities where we operate.
Why Choose Evmos?
People make Evmos! We understand the importance of work-life balance and pride ourselves on our warm & welcoming culture and hybrid environment that makes room for everyone's needs!
You'll be joining at a pivotal time on our growth journey - we just raised $27m in funding from investors, and we're poised to accelerate towards our goal of becoming the playground for Ethereum Apps in the Cosmos ecosystem.
Our team are pioneers in teaching the first university-level Blockchain for Developers course at UC Berkeley, and are the perfect guides for your journey. On top of all that, we also offer:
- Flexible hours to ensure that our team members can work at times that suit their individual needs and schedules.
- Openness, transparency, and trust
- We foster creativity and innovation - everyone's ideas and opinions are valued and respected
- All team members feel welcome and appreciated for who they are
- We love getting together as a team and hosting community events! This is a great opportunity to network in a relaxed environment and meet like-minded people in the Cosmos community!
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative industry
- Professional development opportunities
- Health and wellness benefits
Please reach out to us if you have a special requirement when applying to a position and we will happily take it into consideration.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other legally protected status.