Software Engineer - Core Protocol
Our team is focused on building Evmos, the port-of-entry for launching applications across multiple blockchains.
Evmos is the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) Hub on Cosmos and enables developers to launch apps that run smart contracts across any number of EVM and Cosmos-based blockchains.
It makes that process simple and seamless by allowing developers to continue creating apps in programming languages like Solidity or Vyper they’re already accustomed to in the Ethereum ecosystem.
What you'll be doing
As a Core Engineer, you will be working closely with our co-founders and our Core Engineering team to create and develop the EVM and interoperability components for our blockchain.
- Participate in driving technical specifications, design, architecture, and the implementation for our EVM on the Cosmos SDK.
- Have an ownership role in all elements of project lifecycles: research, design, development, testing & reviews, Q/A, and deployment.
- Help us minimise tech debt while strategically driving new features that power all the decentralised applications deployed on Evmos.
- Write production-quality code in Go that is easy to audit and efficient in terms of deployment, execution, and maintenance
- Use different technologies like Protobuf encoding, write API clients in gRPC, JSON-RPC, or REST
- Write clean and effective documentation and comments so that you can communicate the changes you implemented to the rest of the team, open source contributors and auditors.
Working with us will also give you the opportunity to collaborate directly with other engineering teams and projects in the ecosystem like the IBC, Cosmos, and Tendermint Core teams and you’ll get familiarity with blockchain technologies to a point where you can develop an intensive depth of knowledge of them.
We will teach you how to implement app chains using the Cosmos SDK framework & the Tendermint Consensus Engine and also how smart contracts work at a lower lever using the EVM and go-ethereum (aka. Geth).
Nice to Haves
Although a formal CS degree is NOT strictly required, we are looking with someone with “computer science fundamentals” or relevant experience in the field. We're looking for new teammates that have excellent communication and collaboration skills. Other bonus or nice to haves items are:
- Understanding of blockchain technology, distributed systems, or cryptography.
- Knowledge of Rust
- Experience working with Docker, and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience working with any public cloud service (eg. AWS or GCP).
- Familiarity with code generation tools, CI/CD practices, and infrastructure as code.
- You are well connected and had given conference talks or written content to boost your personal brand, for example.
- You want to help us build community in the cities where we operate.
Why choose Evmos?
People make Evmos! We understand the importance of work-life balance and pride ourselves on our warm and welcoming, hybrid culture that makes room for everyone's needs!
You'll be joining at a pivotal time on our growth journey - we just raised $27m in funding from investors, and we're poised to accelerate towards our goal of becoming the playground for Ethereum Apps in the Cosmos ecosystem.
Our team are pioneers in teaching the first university-level Blockchain for Developers course at UC Berkeley, and are the perfect guides for your journey. On top of all that, we also offer:
- Flexible hours to ensure that our team members can work at times that suit their individual needs and schedules.
- Openness, transparency, and trust
- We foster creativity and innovation - everyone's ideas and opinions are valued and respected
- All team members are welcomed and appreciated for who they are
- We love getting together as a team and hosting community events! Great opportunities to network in a relaxed environment and meet like-minded people in the Cosmos community!
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative industry
- Professional development opportunities
- Health, fitness and wellness benefits
Please reach out to us if you have a special requirement when applying to a position and we will happily take it into consideration.