Business Development Lead
Evmos is on a mission to develop and ship the foundational tools necessary for building the cross-chain applications of the future, freeing developers from the confines of today’s siloed blockchains. Our teams are building for a world where the next million Web3 users are simply regular users. Read our latest manifesto here.
Evmos opens a new frontier for blockchain applications, expanding the functionality of the EVM by enabling cross-chain applications that tap the liquidity and user bases of multiple blockchain ecosystems to provide more unified experiences.
This is an opportunity to join Evmos at a pivotal time on our growth journey. Having just raised $27m in funding from investors including Polychain Capital, Coinbase Ventures and Circle Ventures, Evmos is now poised to accelerate towards our goal of becoming the playground for Ethereum Apps in the Cosmos ecosystem.
About The Role:
As a member of the business development team you will be responsible for developing an active and prosperous ecosystem of value creation on the Evmos blockchain. You will work closely with other business development team members, as well as other cross-functional team members, to support existing projects within the Evmos ecosystem as well as engage with prospective community members to get more teams building on Evmos.
The candidate will be responsible for providing resources to support projects within the Evmos ecosystem and help them capture users. The ideal candidate has previously worked in a role that challenged them to bring parties together for shared benefit and can work autonomously creating their own goals and desired outcomes for the role. In addition to working with existing ecosystem projects, the business development team is responsible for driving new growth by targeting new projects that aren’t already building on Evmos. If successful, this candidate will bring new projects, brands and users to the Evmos Ecosystem.
We are actively looking for individuals who can help us grow our DeFi, and institutional/infrastructure ecosystems.
What you will learn
- You’ll get familiarity with blockchain technologies and to a point where you can develop an intensive depth of knowledge of them.
- Developing an active and prosperous ecosystem of value creation on the Evmos blockchain.
- Bringing new projects, brands and users to the Evmos Ecosystem.
What you'll be doing
- Identify and collaborate with reputable projects and support their goals of building on Evmos
- Structure collaborations between Evmos and prospective projects
- Be a liaison for projects to feel supported with any obstacles they face.
- Define strategic priorities for yourself and the rest of the team to bring more value to the Evmos ecosystem
- Be the voice of the customer and work with product, marketing, engineering teams to help drive use cases for the Evmos blockchain.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in a similar role in either the Cosmos- or Ethereum ecosystem
- Bring existing web3 relationships and an understanding of Ecosystem components (Community, DevRel, etc.)
- Solid understanding of blockchain technology and DeFi ecosystems.
- Strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Solid ability to identify and collaborate with reputable projects and support their goals of building on Evmos
- Willingness to travel.
- Location: Berlin-based, but we will consider applications from very strong candidates from the rest of the EU.
Nice to Have
- Technical understanding of how blockchain applications work behind the scenes and analytic abilities to understand their differentiators.
- Technical writing skills.
- Crisis management skills.
Below is a list of company benefits available to Evmos employees. We are constantly updating them as part of the regular feedback cycle from the team. Please reach out to us if you have a special requirement when applying to a position and we will happily take it into consideration.
- Competitive salary, plus token package
- Fitness and mental health/mindfulness stipends
- All necessary equipment, tech, and office setup
- Global co-work membership (for remote employees)
- Full Health Care coverage
- Quarterly team off-sites and retreats
- Full reimbursement for ecosystem conferences (travel, accommodation, and tickets)
- Continuous learning stipends / Educational budget
- Transportation stipends, eg: Bike, public transportation, Uber / cab (in case of work-related or after-hour traveling)
- Unlimited vacation policy for full-time employees
- PTO and situation-specific support
- Maternity and paternity leave
At Evmos, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other legally protected status.