Senior/Staff Infrastructure Engineer
Today, the process of building web3 applications is fragmented, difficult and insecure. Our toolkit of security-focused dev tools is out to change this story. Cubist’s enterprise focus is a non-custodial key management platform designed to help web3 infrastructure engineering teams secure and programmatically manage their secret keys. Earlier this year, we released the industry’s first SDK for seamless cross-chain and multi-chain development.
Cubist’s founding team includes skilled operators who are former founders and early startup employees, as well as respected academics who have collectively published over 80 papers in the areas of computer systems, security, and cryptography. We are well funded, having closed a $7M seed round in July 2022 led by Polychain, and we’re excited to grow our core team as we build momentum for growth.
About the Role
As an early member of the Engineering Team, you will work directly with the founders and founding engineers on highly technical products for highly technical users. Infrastructure is extremely important to our product’s success, and we’re looking for someone detail- and security-oriented; the ideal candidate is a low-level problem solver–e.g., determining how to test tricky system features—and a high-level visionary—e.g., designing robust, elegant infrastructure that is easy to evolve over time.
To succeed at Cubist, you should be someone who is passionate about building production systems and excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where speed and experimentation are critical. We anticipate that most qualified candidates will have 5 or more years of professional experience.
- Scaling cloud infrastructure on standard platforms like AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Maintaining production systems with high reliability and security requirements
- Creating infrastructure with tools along the lines of Terraform, AWS CDK, Pulumi, etc.
- Building comprehensive, security-minded CI/CD pipelines
- Working with build systems
- Specifying and maintaining cloud-native access control/security policies (e.g., AWS IAM)
- Doing Unix system administration
- (Ideally) managing blockchain and validator nodes
- (Ideally) programming in Rust
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Creating, scaling, testing and maintaining cloud infrastructure
- Supporting and creating new testing and deployment pipelines
- Participating in on-call rotations
Compensation & Perks
- Competitive salary, company 401(k) and pre-Series A stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Home office stipend
- Company retreats
As Cubist’s first dedicated Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll have a unique opportunity to scale a highly performant, high-assurance system through a growth phase. Our team is curious, energetic, collaborative, ambitious—and fully remote. We are going after a big problem with a transformative solution, and want to work alongside others who are similarly bold and motivated. If this sounds like fun, we’d love to hear from you!
How to Apply?
Please email [email hidden] with a copy of your resume.
Cubist is an equal opportunity employer.
Come as you are: we are committed to growing a diverse team and inclusive culture, and encourage those who identify with under-represented groups to apply.
Something looks off?