Director of International Operations
As a Director of our International Financial Operations at CoinList you’ll build and grow our international operations team and systems. You’ll work cross-functionally across our compliance, legal, engineering, and operations teams to develop efficient operations, amazing products, and a delightful customer experience for our crypto exchange.
Our work is difficult and ambitious, which is what makes it fun!
Who you are:
- You have integrity. CoinList is a trusted partner for both the industry and our customers. We process and manage large amounts of money on a daily basis and we prioritize keeping our client’s interests at all times. Mistakes may happen but when they do you always take responsibility and work to find a solution. Integrity is core to our values and core to our success.
- You’re a proven operator. You have 5 or more years of operations experience in a financial services or cryptocurrency company and you’ve built execution focused teams in the past.
- You get stuff done. You’ll have (often ambiguous) responsibilities ranging from executing transactions to speccing out product improvements. CoinList is a low ego environment and you shouldn’t be opposed to getting your hands dirty. You’re really excited about proposing and testing ideas based on issues and opportunities you see.
- You have immaculate attention to detail. Cryptocurrency moves fast and you’ll have to move fast as well, but we always ensure the accuracy of our work. You’ll check then re-check all transactions and reports.
- You’re excited about cryptocurrency. CoinList’s mission is to help the best crypto companies succeed by serving as a trusted advisor in the space. We’re incredibly excited by the power of distributed ledger technology, and you should be too.
- You’re analytical. You’re fascinated by data and enjoy structuring complex and ambiguous problems.
- You deal well with pressure. CoinList’s customers are looking to execute transactions quickly. There is a lot of money at stake at all times. You thrive under high pressure situations like this and enjoy keeping others calm, on task and on track.
What you will do:
- Build a team. You’ll be a leader and build a strong operational team capable of executing in a fast paced, ever changing environment. You will roadmap, budget, and execute on hiring plans in line with our growth plans.
- Drive strategic decisions. You’ll work intimately with leaders across the business to ensure operational efficiency. You’ll develop intimate knowledge of our organization and strategically connect the dots for and with leaders to achieve greater organizational effectiveness. You’ll ask insightful questions of leaders about their functions and organizational challenges and opportunities.
- You’ll define metrics and hold us accountable. In partnership with leaders across the company, you’ll help define OKRs and KPI’s for our international operations. You’ll track our effectiveness and build processes to hold teams accountable for agreed outcomes.
- Design operational systems, policies, and procedures. CoinList operates a complex financial system with many stakeholders ranging from our customers to custody partners, market makers, and external execution venues, you’ll work cross-functionally across teams to build processes, systems, and policies to ensure operational excellence.
- Maintain regulatory compliance. You’ll manage asset documentation in accordance with frameworks under the British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission. Maintain internal and external controls, including policies and procedures, accounting, financial management, governance, and third party agreements. You’ll work with our finance, legal, and compliance teams to ensure timely reporting with regulators and external auditors.
- Manage and expand partner relationships. CoinList works with best in class partners across banking, lending, trading, and crypto custody. You’ll interact with our partners to build stronger relationships to help us scale our business. You’ll help establish new vendor and partner relationships as necessary.
- Ensure an outstanding customer experience. Crypto is complicated and always changing. No matter what the situation or problem, you’ll make sure every customer issue is resolved quickly and with care. You’ll identify wallet and banking issues and work across teams to solve the problem.
- Participate in key projects or other special tasks as assigned. Work with colleagues to automate and improve processes, utilizing technology solutions as appropriate.
- 5 to 7+ years of experience in operations for a financial services or crypto company
- 2-3+ years of experience directly managing a team
- Attention to detail. Clear and concise writing. Structured thinking.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Background in cryptocurrency/blockchain technology a strong plus.
- You must be located outside of the United States.