e-Discovery Forensic Case Manager
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We are looking for an experienced e-Discovery Forensic Analyst to join our Legal Operations & e-Discovery team as e-Discovery Forensic Case Manager. The role will be US remote and report directly to the e-Discovery Lead. It will be a critical part in providing consulting, case management and forensic services in support of litigation and other matters relating to information governance and e-Discovery.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for overseeing the collection and upload of documents to document repositories.
- Work with cross-functional partners, and address issues and solutions to ongoing initiatives.
- Consult with case teams to develop and implement e-Discovery Project Plans to address the identification and preservation/collection, processing, review, and production of ESI.
- Communicate regularly with case teams and 3rd party vendors to manage expectations on project goals, key timelines, and exceptions.
- Work independently through a fast-paced evolving e-Discovery landscape.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6-10 years of e-Discovery experience, including in-house, with highly active fast-paced matters with both case management and forensic collection expertise.
- Experience utilizing various e-Discovery tools and review platforms, such as Relativity, ONNA, NUIX, Google Vault, etc.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) and best practices.
- Ability to navigate relationships with multiple stakeholders and cross functional partners to meet the requirements of matters.
Nice to haves:
- Experience building an in-house eDisco function
- Active certifications with e-Discovery softwares
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.