Capacity & Operations Planner
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As a member of the Coinbase Workforce Management (WFM) team, the role of an analyst is critical to ensuring the efficient operations of the Customer Experience (CX) team. The WFM team is responsible for managing service level agreements (SLAs) and budgets for Coinbase, while also working closely with both internal operations and external vendors. The analyst will be responsible for creating and owning WFM capacity models and tools, which will be essential for forecasting and tracking productivity in the CX operation. The successful candidate will need to work closely with stakeholders across the organization, be highly analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. By leveraging data and insights, the WFM team aims to drive operational efficiencies that enable Coinbase to provide world-class customer service and support.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Create, develop, and maintain detailed capacity plans for vendors and Coinbase FTE along with volume allocation files and skill tracker.
- Create multiple What if scenarios and set staffing targets for our business/vendors by handling trade-offs between Customer Experience/Service Levels, Employee Experience, Operational Flexibility and Cost Effectiveness.
- Forecast, schedule and optimize Full-Time Employee and Contact Center Staffing across multiple channels. Automate our planning process that allows us to add inputs that represent the growing complexity of our work and drive down variation.
- Ability to drive quality, productivity, and process improvements and keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of a very customer-focused and metrics driven environment
- Collaborate with the customer support management team to develop WFM strategies and identify areas for improvement, automation and cost savings.
- Work closely with multiple vendor partners to meet interval Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA) as defined by the business.
- Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track expectations. Analyze drivers of significant forecast misses to continuously improve forecasting
- Utilize statistical methodology to analyze performance trends and improve metrics including but not limited to average handle time, utilization and shrinkage.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Passionate about delivering an extraordinary Customer Experience
- Proven experience of 5 years of relevant experience in Workforce Management
- Expertise in capacity planning, forecasting and scheduling
- Experience building and analyzing models for capacity using excel/Nice tool. Proficient in the use of workforce management tools
- Able to work with large amounts of data to identify trends and patterns.
- Expert in spreadsheet tools like Excel and Google Sheet.
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Able to proactively collaborate with other departments to seek opportunities for improvement of resource utilization, and provide input on performance
- Availability to work in Night Shift- expected shift timings will be 8:00 pm-5:00 am IST
Nice to haves:
- Experience using BI tool such as Looker and Salesforce
- SQL experience a plus
- Experience meeting with and presenting information to senior leadership.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?