Global Head of Community
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
Ava Labs is seeking a dynamic leader for all community-related activities. In this role, you'll develop and implement strategies to grow and engage our global community. Ideal candidates will have the ability to execute event/meetups while fostering relationships with our most loyal community members and stakeholders. If you enjoy keeping up with cutting edge of industry trends, evolving philosophies in community management, and using analytical skills to measure effectiveness of community efforts... this may be the perfect role for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Collaborate with marketing and operational teams to align Ava Labs’ core objectives with global community engagement strategy
- Develop clear strategies for 20+ regional community managers and regional community engagement, including collaboration with regional partners
- Review current processes and develop a plan of action to improve workflows for all aspects of community
- Create/implement KPIs and reporting metrics for channel growth and engagement
- Analyze and report on community metrics to inform decision-making and measure the effectiveness of community efforts
- Develop and lead community engagement programs such as; educational co-marketing campaigns, meetups, university collaborations and/or other community discussion forums
- Guide implementation of strategies on Telegram, Discord, Twitter and other region-specific community platforms (WeChat, Kakao, etc.)
- Design onboarding experiences that will captivate and retain our regional audiences
- Foster relationships with key community members and stakeholders, and work to build a sense of community ownership and involvement
- Monitor and moderate community activities to ensure a positive and welcoming environment for all members
- Identify and address any issues or conflicts within the community
- Create standard operating procedures to act as a facilitator and mediator for the community
WHAT WILL YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline like Marketing or Communications
- 7+ years professional experience in Marketing or Community Management
- Experience managing teams of 10 or more
- Track record of success in launching large-scale community programs
- Strong understanding of differences in community growth strategy for Web3 vs. Web2
- Advanced knowledge of Discord, Twitter, Telegram and other community forums
- Social media management tools (i.e. SproutSocial, Hubspot, Intercom, etc.)
- Community management tools (i.e. comBot, Shieldy, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and passion for blockchain technology/products
- Expertise in ambassador programs, localization, metrics/KPIs, reporting, workflow design, procedural optimization, or partnership management
- Experience integrating metrics from daily tools with automated reporting dashboards is a plus
- Experience with scaled customer support operations is a plus
- Grass roots community organization experience a plus (i.e. political campaigns, non-profit community growth)
Salary Range: $166,000 to $207,000
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?