Member of FP&A, Sales Compensation and Pricing Strategy
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
As a Member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, you will play a crucial role within Anchorage’s finance department that focuses on analyzing financial data, creating forecasts, and providing insights to support decision-making at both strategic and operational levels. This FP&A role has a specific emphasis on sales which involves leveraging financial analysis to drive sales performance, optimize strategies, and ensure alignment with the company's financial objectives and growth targets.
We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Villagers better measure impact and articulate coaching, feedback, and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the Member of Financial Planning & Analysis role:
- Provide subject matter expertise in sales forecasting, performance analysis, sales strategy, and reporting.
- Build financial models to support actionable recommendations related to strategic initiatives including new products, partnerships, pricing, and other revenue expansion opportunities.
- Design and implement technology enhancements including to Netsuite, Pigment, and Salesforce.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Provide real-time insights to the Sales team including revenue driver and profitability analysis.
- Evaluate sales performance against targets, identifies variances, and provides insights into the factors affecting sales outcomes.
- Assist in the development of incentive programs and sales compensation structures aligned with business objectives.
- Work closely with the sales team to create accurate and achievable sales forecasts based on historical data, market trends, and upcoming initiatives.
- Analyze business results and other operational data sets to drive actionable insights and accountability within the business, including identifying risks and opportunities.
- Analyze sales pipelines, conversion rates, and customer trends to predict future sales performance.
- Conduct sales trend analysis to understand patterns and opportunities for improvement or growth.
- Has deep knowledge and influences management on the strategic direction of Anchorage. In their daily responsibilities they are actively engaged with different groups to work on global strategy and identify new ways to deliver upon it.
- Promote a shared understanding of the needs of Anchorage and strategic direction to rally teams. Develops and implements programs, projects and processes aligned with Anchorage strategic direction and needs.
- Work with cross-functional teams to analyze historical and current spend, drive accountability, and identify cost improvement opportunities.
Communication and Influence:
- Create regular reports and presentations for sales leaders and management, highlighting business performance and key sales metrics, trends, and actionable insights.
- Communicate financial implications of sales strategies and decisions to stakeholders across the organization.
- Design, implement and optimize key operating metrics and processes to measure business performance and drivers against goals and expectations.
- Work with the People and Sales teams to define, review, and refine a fair and equitable sales compensation strategy and ensure the strategy is implemented in an accurate and timely way.
- Partner with Business Operations to report on revenue forecasting, sales achievements, and overall monthly sales rep performance.
- Adapt the communication strategy to influence stakeholders, and to increase the productivity of team members delivering projects with broad impact and priority.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in FP&A, investment banking, corporate finance, or accounting.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, an ownership mentality and a desire to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent Excel/Google Sheets skills and are able to effectively translate analysis into presentations.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles (US GAAP), financial analysis, and forecasting techniques.
- Experience working with financial systems as well as implementing enhancements (Netsuite, Looker, Pigment a plus).
- A strategic thinking mindset with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems, while also being able to focus on tactical and operational issues.
- Experience in developing complex, dynamic financial models and presenting business plans, financial forecasts and actionable insights.
- Experience analyzing sales and profitability metrics to drive future growth including determining the return on investment on existing and future lines of business, performing revenue attribution, performing total addressable market analysis, etc.
- Experience working with the Sales and People departments on Sales compensation strategy.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if you have:
- Experience analyzing large data sets through the use of data warehouse and data visualization tools e.g. Looker.
- Experience implementing an Enterprise Performance Management “EPM” tool.
- A BA/BS with concentration in Finance, Business, Economics and/or Accounting.
- Experience in the crypto or financial services industry and have kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You been emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $150,000 - $210,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.