Member of Compliance, Information Technology
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
As a Member of Compliance, Information Technology, you’ll get the opportunity to work on various projects across the organization ranging from IT risk, gap, and readiness assessments to controls implementation and monitoring. This role is highly cross-functional and will cover multiple service offerings and entities (Anchor Labs, Inc., Anchorage Digital Bank, Anchorage Digital Singapore, Anchorage Digital New York, etc.).
You are recognized as a subject matter expert in IT Compliance and can apply your skills and knowledge to have significant influence within and outside the team. You are a strong contributor and have the ability to significantly contribute to medium-to-large projects as well as owning small-to-medium projects. You will play a key role in building and scaling foundational elements of the company’s IT risk management and compliance program. You will support the build-out and ongoing maintenance of several key initiatives of the Compliance team’s scope and ownership.
You are capable of contributing to the development of company goals and objectives, expected to help define the long-term strategy of IT Compliance. You understand the “why” and the “bigger picture” and meaningfully contribute and take ownership of your work.
We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Villagers better measure impact and articulate coaching, feedback, and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the Member of Legal, Corporate & Commercial Counsel role:
- Has a complete conceptual knowledge and full understanding in principles, practices, and a working knowledge of SOC, IT controls, audit processes, information security, policy governance and management.
- Applies experience and analytical skills to “connect the dots” between the company’s business and products to the IT environment in order to evaluate whether compliance obligations are being met.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways working directly with control owners to ensure regulatory requirements are being met, including managing and tracking findings (from risk assessments, audits, etc.) from identification to remediation.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Directly responsible for supporting the entire lifecycle of the company’s annual SOC 1 and 2 (Type 2) audits including planning, control owner coaching/prep, evidence requests, walkthroughs, follow ups, reporting, and enhancement/remediation.
- Directly responsible for supporting the entire lifecycle of implementing or auditing IT security compliance frameworks such as FFIEC IT, NIST 800-53, or ISO 27001.
- Directly responsible for performing the Enterprise Security Risk Assessment (ESRA) and other risk assessments as needed.
- Can work autonomously, defines priorities under broad direction, and applies problem solving skills to translate regulations and compliance obligations into technical controls, and vice-versa.
- Drives work independently and significantly contributes to medium-to-large cross-functional projects with little oversight and coordinating activities of other project team members.
- Identifies process and control gaps and enhancements and is capable of designing and implementing solutions.
- Contributes to the IT portion of bi-annual OCC exams.
- Contributes to ad hoc internal and external assessments that support the company’s ongoing and future initiatives.
- Work is reviewed upon completion and is consistent with company and team expectations.
- Consistently demonstrates on-time delivery and high quality work product. Where a deadline or commitment is at risk, escalates to manager to help manage priorities, if appropriate, and alerts affected stakeholders so "no surprises."
- Is aware of the strategy of Anchorage and is considered when not only working cross-functionally with security, product, design, engineering, legal, TPRM, people, and external auditors but also understanding how each area is impacted by compliance.
- Influences the IT Compliance roadmap and initiatives.
- Understands how the company’s priorities relate to their own area of work, and clearly communicates the ‘why’ behind the work.
Communication and Influence:
- Promotes a positive working environment through proper listening, speaking and empathy with team members.
- Embodies and is a role model of our culture pillars.
- Communicates proactively, takes ownership in assigned work/projects, and is comfortable asking questions when something is unclear or to further knowledge in a specific area.
- Contributes to cross-functional projects, collaborates with their team and adjacent teams working directly with subject matter experts and doing meaningful translation of compliance requirements into actionable processes.
- Enhances relationships and networks with senior internal and external stakeholders within their own area of expertise.
- Consistently expresses clear, thoughtful, analytical and solutions-oriented communications, whether in high-impact slides/decks, written communications in slack or email, or verbal communications.
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $92,000 - $117,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.