Member of Legal, Corporate & Commercial Counsel
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
In the fast-paced world of crypto we must memorialize our relationships in ways that stand the test of time. We need a sharp legal negotiator to assist with the documentation of our core services - all missions critical to our operations. In addition, we need someone with the intellect and curiosity to help us build new business lines. We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Villagers better measure impact and articulate coaching, feedback, and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the Member of Legal, Corporate & Commercial Counsel role:
- Own vendor contracts and third party risk management from a legal perspective
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial, custody, and brokerage/trading contracts, including master services agreements, NDAs, vendor agreements, partnership agreements, intercompany agreements, and more - our business and products are always evolving
- Experience with negotiating external client agreements such as custody, brokerage or trading agreements
- Ability to analogize precedential and historical contractual terms to create legal agreements for new and innovative products and structures
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Work closely with the Associate General Counsel on the company’s contract management framework, update and manage contract templates, develop guidelines and playbooks, and plan staff training
- Drive work independently while leading medium-to-large projects and processes
- Breaking larger projects down into smaller tasks
- Function as a prolific individual contributor within the corporate and commercial space
- Strong understanding of Anchorage Digital’s strategy to successfully lead contract development and projects while taking into consideration the goals of the team your are supporting
- As progress is made across different negotiations, making sure knowledge is shared across the appropriate teams
- Ability to prioritize work based on company’s goals and communicate the ‘why’ behind your work
Communication and Influence:
- Build a close relationship with the sales, product, engineering, operations, and other teams to collaborate closely in developing new products, improving existing businesses, identify and resolve legal issues, structure complex agreements, and improve efficiency
- Strong communication skills (internally and externally)
- Ability to be client facing while working with cross-functional team on multiple projects internally
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- J.D. degree with experience with corporate and commercial
- Background in drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including experience with brokerage or other trading-related agreements, and are comfortable facing highly-sophisticated institutional clients and counterparties
- Demonstrated experience working closely with the business and other cross functional teams to build new products, solve complex issues, and strategize growth
- Enthusiasm for crypto and a foundational understanding of the crypto industry and applicable laws/regulations both in the US and internationally
- Demonstrated experience with close attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects
- The ability to execute with moderate supervision and balance commercial and legal realities
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $140,000 - $171,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.