Developer Relations Engineer
We are the go-to solution for developers who are building the next generation of DeFi (decentralized finance). We’ve done the legwork to create a reliable, secure, and composable DeFi infrastructure, and are seeking a talented Developer Advocate to join us as we grow. This is a unique opportunity for someone with an interest in joining a growing tech start-up company, where they will play a key role in the development of Agoric's Developer Relations team and fuel the growth of the company overall.
About the role
Succeeding in this role will mean becoming an expert in building smart contracts on the Agoric platform and displaying a passion for teaching it to new developers in both one on one interactions as well as in group settings. You are adept at identifying problems and working cross functionally to solve them. You get fired up by solving problems and love tinkering with new capabilities. You know enough about Web 3 to understand common patterns, pitfalls, hazards, and market expectations. You feel comfortable working in the open. Perhaps you already have an active Twitter account for developer topics or are in several Discord communities.
What you will be doing
- Building smart contracts on the Agoric platform including instructional examples, reusable components
- Presenting at conferences, networking with developers, and evangelizing the Agoric platform at meetups, and online and in-person events.
- Effectively communicate with the Agoric developer community through Discord, Telegram, and Slack.
- Excellent writing skills to assist with the development of blog posts, podcasts, documentation, FAQs, tutorials, guides, code samples, etc.
- Deeply understand the web3/crypto user mindset within the defi space, and represent that voice with Engineering and other teams
- Be a liaison between the greater community and the various internal product and engineering teams.
- Represent the Agoric brand with high integrity.
What we look for in you
- 5+ years of Developer Relations, Evangelism, or related experience
- Technical background and/or experience with computer science, blockchain, smart contracts and a willingness to learn
- An understanding of blockchain, crypto, smart contracts, and DeFi
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Community focused mindset and approachable personality.
- Proven experience working cross functionally with engineering, product, and marketing
- Willingness to represent Agoric at events, hackathons, meetups, locally, domestically and internationally.
Nice to haves
- Experience with the Cosmos ecosystem
- Previous development experience
- Have previous experience at a fast-paced, high growth stage internet/software company
Agoric is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Agoric does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.