Tech Art Lead - Game
The Shrapnel team is seeking bright minds from every culture, discipline, and background to join us on a new creative endeavor.
We’re a mission-focused team with industry roots in world-class game development, studio building, and platform creation.
Our goal is empowering the world to share in our playful collaboration at the intersection of gaming, creation, and ownership.
Effective Tech Art Leadership is a critical ingredient to our success. Come join our mission to create the future of entertainment. On this team, you will solve in-game and production challenges through tools, optimization, and communication. Candidates can interpret the needs of artists and deliver tools and pipelines that empower the team’s best work. You’ll be empowered and given autonomy. Your ideas will matter.
- Communicating new ideas/technologies and industry best practices clearly and succinctly to other team members and disciplines.
- Grow and mentor the tech art team for the game, creating a norm of high-performance, with opportunities and challenges for growth.
- Set and enforce technical standards across relevant teams.
- Work closely with engineers to communicate high-level architecture, processes, and technical budgets to the art team.
- Ensure the quality, consistency, performance, and stability of technical deliverables
- Manage technical requirements and risks, removing roadblocks, raising red flags, and proposing sound solutions.
- Iterate on and document studio tools.
- Work with external engineering and art partners as needed to deliver key features.
- Work with other game team Leads to foster good communication, drive consensus, and sustain healthy working relationships.
Who Will Be A Great Fit
We welcome your uniqueness. Research shows that diverse teams do the best work. Our customers are all over the world, and from all walks of life. It's important that we’re not all the same, so that we can draw on our differences, what we’ve experienced, and how we think.
- 8+ years of tech art experience.
- Strong knowledge of relevant code and scripting languages (Python, MEL, HLSL, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of common AAA art authoring tools and the Unreal Engine.
- Knowledge of Java, C++ a plus.
- Shipped at least two AAA titles, including multiplayer features.
- Solid knowledge of game technology domains, i.e. rendering, animation, AI, cameras, controls, online, audio, build pipelines, etc.
- People management experience, including career progression, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- A passion for making and playing games.
Nice to Have
- Experience rigging and skinning characters, weapons, and equipment.
- Experience shipping games in a shooter genre and UGC tool sets.
- Experience with game-as-a-service schedules.
- Office365 and Google Suite proficiency.
- A mindset of continuous improvement; humble and ambitious.
- Prior experience in a startup environment or small business.
- Adaptable, with a good sense of humor.
- Competitive Salary and excellent Benefits.
- Flexible hours.
- Visibility and input to business strategy, including technology and creative partners.
- Autonomy and latitude within your role.
- Seattle’s healthy living and vibrant city culture.
- Tight knit, highly experienced, fun-loving team.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 - $200,000 + stocks + tokens + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Seniority Level: High-Level
Industry: Video Games, Art
Employment Type: Full-time, onsite role
Job Functions: Art, Tech, Leadership
The Fine Print
At Shrapnel we prefer working in-office, together. We believe working in the same space can accelerate progress, improve collaboration, and is definitely more fun. But in-office work doesn't make sense for everyone at this time, and technology makes certain remote work possible. So for certain roles and perfect candidates we are open to discussing remote work. Please apply and we’ll decide case by case. In all cases, though, you must be allowed to work in the US without a visa.
We’re following WA state’s health guidelines regarding COVID-19. We make every effort keep our office safe and our employees healthy. No one comes to work sick, not even a sniffle. Our office is big enough to stay 6-feet apart easily, but if you’re in a meeting where distance is not possible and you’re not vaccinated then we require a mask (vaccinated folks might want to wear one too, your choice). Hand sanitizer is always close by, and the nightly janitor crew sanitizes work surfaces for the next day. We believe in the benefits of vaccines, but don’t require it. For now, masks are required in the public areas of our building, whether vaccinated or not, but if you’re working alone in a room you don’t need to wear a mask.https://coronavirus.wa.gov/information-for/business/workplace-safety-guidance
NEON Machine Inc and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Something looks off?