Senior Operations Engineer (DevOps)
Horizon Blockchain Games
Software Engineering, Operations
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
At Horizon, we make web3 easy, fun, and accessible for users and builders.
We have two amazing products to achieve our mission:
- Sequence, the all-in-one developer platform + smart wallet that makes building web3 games and applications easy.
- Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, and trade their NFT/SFT game items.
Sequence is poised to accelerate web3 content creation and drive adoption on a massive scale. And, Skyweaver—named 2022’s best blockchain game—is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Brevan Howard Digital, Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., Coinbase, Ubisoft, Polygon, Morgan Creek Digital, Initialized, BITKRAFT, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; a former top McKinsey strategy consultant; gaming industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies.
You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
Learn more at https://horizon.io/
We're looking for someone with experience programming, maintaining, and running our DevOps and operations stack. Given our small team size, you will have the freedom to shape our infrastructure and help direct a fundamental component of our engineering effort.
You will work alongside senior engineers and open source contributors within a culture that prides itself on craftsmanship and clean design.
- Program, maintain and run our DevOps and operations stack:
Postgresql on the backend
Services in Go
Typescript on the frontend
-Work with operations engineering team to shape our infrastructure, bringing your knowledge and expertise to the table
-Set up and maintain CI/CO pipelines
-Build robust monitoring and alerting
-Tuning hosted SQL databases (Postgres)
- 5+ years of experience in Ops/SRE role
- 2+ years of experience with GCP (not just basic features)
- Proficient with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Pulumi)
- Practical experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working in a high security environment, fintech an asset
- Strong Linux background
* A chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
* Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
* Competitive salary and equity package
* Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
* Be part of defining web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
* Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
* Work-life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
* New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
* Extensive health benefits for Canadian employees
* We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
* We invest in everyone’s personal development
* Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths.
While we're building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.
See more open positions at Horizon Blockchain Games
Something looks off?