IT, Accounting & Finance
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2023
Crusoe Energy is on a mission to unlock value in stranded energy resources through the power of computation.
Take a look at what we do! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlt8k71Quqw
We aim to align the long term interests of the climate with the future of global computing infrastructure. As data centers consume an exponentially growing power footprint to deliver technology to all connected devices, we are inspired by making sure that the energy meeting that demand is sourced in an environmentally responsible fashion. Crusoe co-locates mobile data centers with stranded energy resources, like flare gas and underloaded renewables, to deliver low-cost, carbon-negative distributed computing solutions. Crusoe Cloud is a managed cloud services platform powered by stranded energy that enables climate-friendly innovation in computationally intensive fields including artificial intelligence, graphics rendering and computational biology.
About the Role
The Financial Analyst reports to the Director of Finance and supports the Finance team in a variety of corporate finance initiatives to solve critical finance, strategy, and operations related problems across the organization. The role offers a unique ability to work across teams to see how a fast-growing business operates and is a great platform to learn how to operationalize change at scale. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, has a strong attention to detail, and can multi-task in a results-oriented environment.
This position is a highly visible role that interacts regularly with executive management. You must be comfortable working under deadlines and cross-collaborating. The candidate will be involved in various initiatives centered around short and long term financial planning, capital budgeting, and creating materials to present key operational and financial metrics to the Leadership Team and Board of Directors. Depending on the individual’s abilities and organizational needs, you will also be involved with capital raises, corporate strategy, and investor relations.
A Day in the Life:
- Support Finance team in day-to-day tasks, including implementing various financial analysis, forecast and budget processes, and preparing relevant deliverables
- Analyze historical data and current trends at corporate & project levels to evaluate financial & operational performance, translating data into impactful insights
- Prepare materials to satisfy lender covenants & investor reporting requirements
- Assist the Finance team with workflows required to close financing transactions
- Support Finance team with creation and maintenance of financial models, including but not limited to cash forecasts, corporate planning models, M&A models Prepare management, investor, and board presentation materials
- Support finance efforts to add value to business partners across the organization, including data analysis, tracking, and reporting on operating metrics & KPIs Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed
- 4+ years of related experienceInvestment banking or FP&A experience in a fast-growth startup strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar field
- Outstanding financial modeling skills in Excel with demonstrable experience managing complex business models
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPointStrong understanding of financial planning and accounting concepts
- Experience working with data sets, business intelligence softwares or other analytic tools preferred
- High attention to detail is a must
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with ambiguous and/or iterative fact-sets
- Works under general supervision with relatively little guidance necessary, can take direction well Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Motivated self-starter and team player; ability to work collaboratively
- Hybrid work schedule
- Industry competitive pay
- Restricted Stock Units in a fast growing, well-funded technology company
- Health insurance package options that include HDHP and PPO, vision, and dental for you and your dependents
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Pet-friendly offices
- 401(k) with a 100% match up to 4% of salary
- Unlimited time off
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Subscription to the Calm app
- NYDIG - Bitcoin Savings Plan
- Company paid commuter benefit; $100 per month
- Compensation will be paid in the range of $115,000-$150,000. Restricted Stock Units are included in all offers. Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Crusoe Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
See more open positions at Crusoe
Something looks off?